Photoshop - Mercedes Benz logo (click here to see the result)
1. Open a new document (FILE...New) 500 x 500 pixels.
2. Create a new layer.
3. Make sure the rulers are visible (Ctrl + R), double click on either
ruler and, in Units & Measurements, make sure you've got
4. Drag out a vertical guide at 250 px and two horizontal guides
at 250 px and 320px.
5. Select the Elliptical Marquee Tool and with "Fixed Size"
selected in the Options bar, draw out a circle 325 px x 325 px
and centre it on your canvas by dragging it..
6. Make sure black is your Foreground Color and go to
EDIT...Stroke...20 px...Center. Deselect.
7. Create a new layer and select the
Polygonal Lasso Tool